How Our Thyroid Healing Program Works
Let me take a few moments to walk you through our unique neurologic and metabolic approach to naturally eliminate your hypothyroid symptoms. I want to share with you the most comprehensive, natural and effective program for thyroid health that I've ever created.
I'm sure you would really love to know the details of our unique neurometabolic approach. Our therapies are getting patients better, a possibility you maybe hadn't thought existed.
3 Common Questions All Of Our Patients Want To Know:
1. What is the root cause to my thyroid problem?
2. Can your office help me?
3. What is it going to take to get me better?
Individualized care is important.
The very first step in the process is our office performing a comprehensive health history review and in-depth functional neurological examination to determine if you are a good fit for our office. If we determine that we can help you, we will develop a highly-specific individualized care plan that addresses the underlying root causes to your health problem. This is not a one-size-fits-all approach. That's an important distinction. By addressing the source(s) of your health problem we can recommend the most effective care option for you. This is why our comprehensive neurologic and metabolic approach to thyroid disorders works so well.
Our Comprehensive Approach Addresses Both the Neurological and Metabolic Factors Leading to Your Low Thyroid Condition
* Metabolic Factors: We meticulously evaluate if the root cause of your problem is due to a Hashimoto's (and autoimmune disease to the thyroid gland), gastrointestinal dysbiosis and subsequent thyroid hormone under-conversion, an excess of estrogen or testosterone impacting thyroid hormone availability, low pituitary gland function, or simply if your thyroid is the main culprit. However, we must also evaluate if your root cause is due to a breakdown of the tight junctions within your gut or as it's called Leaky Gut Syndrome, or if it's due to an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine (SIBO), we evaluate if certain foods are the culprit, if you are challenged with a bacteria/yeast/parasitic infection, or if it's due to inflammation and direct autoimmunity to your gut or other tissues in your body. We must evaluate the effect of stress/cortisol on your body and brain and determine if there is a glucose problem. Your iron levels must be checked as well.
* Neurologic Factors: Very few doctors will ever consider the health of your Cerebellum (located at the bottom of your brain). The Cerebellum is responsible for your balance, coordination and smoothness of movement, and also controls your eyes. I have found that many patients with hypothyroidism will have impairment within their Cerebellum, which commonly translates into dizziness and vertigo, motion sickness, tight neck or back muscles. This is an incredibly valuable component to nearly every thyroid case.
We must also evaluate your gut which has it's own nervous system, called the Enteric Nervous System. The brain and enteric nervous system have bidirectional communication through the vagus nerve. Both of these nervous systems also communicate through the immune system. If you have inflammation in your gut (suffering with bloating, gas, diarrhea or constipation, heartburn, or stomach pain) then you will have inflammation in your brain (suffering with brain fog, fatigue, memory loss, confusion, headaches, poor mental endurance, etc..) The health of the entire nervous system must be taken into account in order to give you the best possible outcomes.
Why aren't more doctors taking this approach? Time and Point of View.
Due to the fact that most physicians are short on time, they are unable to fully evaluate the complexity of your health problem. Here at our office we spend time with our patients. A complex problem takes a complex solution, and time is needed on the doctors part to give you the care you deserve.
Lastly, traditional medicine has a different health point of view... "disease only" care is their focus. Medications are the tool they use when living in this reactive health care model. There is a time and place for this but it has it's limits.
Our unique neurologic and metabolic approach would much rather address the root cause of your problem. The ultimate goal is to restore your health so you can live without the pain, fatigue, and inability to lose weight once again.
It all begins with our ability to ask specific questions about your health history, listen to what you have to say, and beginning to unravel all of the neurologic and metabolic factors. Our comprehensive and specific paperwork will give us clues to understand your past medical history and current health status. Once we know where you've been and what your goals are we can begin testing to get to the root cause of your condition.
OUR SPECIFIC THYROID TESTING
Special Labs and A Fresh Point of View
Our office utilizes the most cutting-edge and technologically advanced testing in health care. The specific lab work that we order in our Thyroid Healing Program allows us to accurately determine where your health is breaking down.
Our Testing May Include:
1. Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (blood)
2. Complete Blood Chemistry (blood)
3. Full Thyroid Panel (TSH, T4, T3, fT4, fT3, T3uptake, thyroid antibodies) and Inflammatory markers
4. Leaky Gut/Intestinal Permeability (Cyrex Labs)
5. Food Sensitivity/Food Cross-Reactivity Testing (Cyrex Labs)
6. Stool Microbial Ecology (infections/gut inflammation/malabsorption/probiotic levels)
7. Salivary Hormones (male/female)
8. Oxygen perfusion/Saturation levels
9. Functional Neurological Evaluation (brain-gut axis)
* There can be other testing based on your specific history and needs.
Due to our specific and comprehensive neurometabolic approach, there is a great chance our office will be able to help you. It may not matter the severity of your health problem and the length you have been suffering. Our ability to think outside the box and address your thyroid condition from a natural, drug-free approach could quite possibly be exactly what you need.
Will the Doctors Accept My Case?
Our in-office thyroid consultation and examination is the first step we need to take to determine if we can help you. We don't want to waste your time or money. The time we spend during the consult/exam will give us an idea the complexity of the problem and the prognosis of your condition. Be reassured that most people, even with a long history of chronic pain, aren't beyond symptom relief. Receiving the screening is your only way to know if you are a good fit for our office.
Once we have the information necessary then a specific plan is developed for your needs.
We will report back to you and spell out how we may be able to get you better. Each patient that is accepted into care receives a specific and tailored approach that is unique to the reasons that are at the root cause of their problem.
Our neurometabolic approach is built around your needs and we will explain to you every step that you'll take during the course of your care.
* We will utilize targeted supplementation throughout your program
* Guide you to a specific diet that is unique to your body's need
* Home activities (neurological rehab exercises for the brain)
* Specific health and teaching topics to empower you for a lifetime
Our ultimate goal is to create the solution to your frustrating symptoms and give to you the understanding of everything that worked specifically for you. You won't be disappointed with our organized, effective, and efficient Thyroid Healing Program. We want to give you a plan for a lifetime that helps you beat your health condition. Our patients have been thrilled with their results I'm sure you will too. There's no more guess work for you, allow us to take you by the hand and show you the way.
Each visit at our office gives us the ability to cover a variety of topics: learn about your specific needs, how you are progressing, teach you important information about your thyroid and condition, course correct and guide you, give you the next steps of care, review lab findings and/or make decisions about yor next steps in care. Our time together is meaningful and important for achieving the best possible results.
In-office treatment consists of specific care to help your nervous, endocrine (hormone) and immune system work more effectively. We utilize the most up-to-date equipment and provide you with a comfortable environment with well-trained staff to take care of you every step of the way.
If you have interest in learning more about how we can help you feel good again please contact our office at (317) 848-6000